Daniel K. Bean
A Navy veteran, former federal law clerk and former partner at a leading national law firm, Dan Bean is a trial lawyer who has prosecuted and defended a variety of matters in both federal and state court. Mr. Bean possesses extensive experience in trust and probate matters, complex commercial litigation matters, including contract disputes, insurance coverage issues, financial lending matters and class actions, as well as in the provision of assistance to foreign litigants in accordance with Title 28 United States Code Section 1782. Dan also provides preventative legal counsel to clients in order to minimize future litigation costs. Dan clerked for the Honorable J.H. Moore II, the Honorable Ralph W. Nimmons Jr. and the Honorable Harvey E. Schlesinger of the United States District Court.
Dan previously served in the United States Navy as a surface warfare officer and as a judge advocate. He is a retired Navy Captain and received the Legion of Merit.
Dan has served as an adjunct professor at Florida Coastal School of Law, Florida Community College of Jacksonville, Columbia College and Georgia Military College. He attended Vanderbilt University on a Navy Reserve Officer Training Corps Scholarship and served as the editor of the Vanderbilt school newspaper. He attended the University of San Diego School of Law on a Navy Law Education Program scholarship.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University, B.A.
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Litigation, 2017, 2018
- Holland & Knight Public and Charitable Service All-Star Award, 2017
- NAVF Champion of Veterans Class of 2017
- Ultimate Attorney, Jacksonville Business Journal, 2016
- Veteran of Influence Honoree, Jacksonville Business Journal, 2014
- Jacksonville Historic Naval Ship Association President, 2011-present
- Jacksonville Bar Association President, 2009-2010
- Florida Legal Elite, Florida Trendmagazine, 2007-2011, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Florida Super Lawyersmagazine, 2010-2017
- Leadership Jacksonville 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
- Jacksonville Up & Comer Award, Jacksonville Business Journal, 2003
- Navy Young Lawyer of the Year, American Bar Association, 1996
Bar and Community Service
- JSO Strategic Initiative Training Task Force, Chair, 2016
- World Affairs Council of Jacksonville, Board of Directors
- Chester Bedell Inns of Court, Master, 2012-2015
- WJCT, Board of Trustees, Chair, 2015, 2016
- Jacksonville Bar Association, President-Elect & Board of Governors, 2001-2008
- Florida Bar, Vice Chair, Rules of Civil Procedure, 2006-2007
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Fresh Ministries Board, 2014-2016; Vice-Chair, 2016
- Hands on Jacksonville Board, 2014-2016
- Make-A-Wish North Florida Advisory Board, Founding Member