General Counsel Services
As a business owner or entrepreneur, you want to simplify your life and secure peace-of-mind from a trusted advisor who has your back every step of the way. Our innovative General Counsel Program allows business owners to focus on running their business, while Abel Bean Law focuses on the many day-to-day legal matters that may arise. As experienced counsel, we help ensure legal risk avoidance, confidence in your company’s key transactions, and legal compliance.
Our innovative General Counsel Program serves as a reliable in-house partner and specialized resource that provides customized solutions without the anxiety of billable hourly pricing. For either a monthly retainer or other flexible pricing arrangements, our General Counsel services are an accessible and affordable legal resource for small and medium-sized businesses and start-ups.
General Counsel Services may include:
- Easy access to counsel for routine questions and advice, usually conducted “off-the-clock”.
- Ensuring sound business agreements, including contract review and advice and basic contract preparation (non-disclosure and non-competition agreements, consulting agreements, purchase orders, terms and conditions, etc.).
- Board and governance advice including assistance with bylaws, corporate filings and board meetings and minutes.
- Legal compliance issues unique to our clients’ businesses.
- Advice regarding claims or threatened litigation.
- Guidance and advice regarding non-competition agreements, non-disclosure, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements and employment agreements.
- Management or oversight of outside counsel engagements for highly specialized services, including review and audit of legal invoices