Abel Bean Law Privacy and Use of Website Cookies Policy
Effective date: November 1, 2018
Information We Collect and How We Use It
This Site may collect Personal Information that either directly or indirectly identifies you. It is collected so that we can communicate with you or measure the effectiveness of our Site. You may always refuse to provide Personal Information, but we may not be able to provide you with certain information, newsletters, products, or services.
- Contact information: This might include information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and other similar information (“Personal Information”).
- Additional Information: We may use the information you provide to send you requested information, respond to your inquiry, improve our Site or Apps, verify your relationship with us, and take other actions that may be necessary to respond to your request.
- Interests and preferences: This information lets us better understand how to best serve you based on your interest in our products and services. This information may include your preferences about how to contact you, develop a professional relationship, understand product preferences, your marketing preferences and demographic data. Some of this information we collect with your consent and some of this information we collect automatically for our legitimate business purposes.
Where permitted by law, we may also enhance or merge information about you, including Personal Information, with information about you obtained from 3rd parties for the same purposes shared above. Your information may also be used for profiling for the same purposes shared above.
We do not sell your information to advertisers or business lists.
Our Cookies are used for the following purposes:
Cookie Type /Purpose
- Strictly Necessary/ Technical: These Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Site or Apps so you may access them as you have requested. For example, Cookies let us recognize that you have created an account or have logged-in to access content. They also include Cookies that enable the Site to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Sites.
- Analytical/ Performance: These Cookies are used by us or 3rd party service providers to analyze how the Site is used and how they are performing. For example, these Cookies track what pages are most frequently visited, and from what locations our visitors come from. If you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise register with our Site, these Cookies may be correlated to you. These Cookies include, for example, Google Analytics or HubSpot Cookies.
- Functionality: These Cookies let us operate the Site based on the choices you make. These Cookies permit us to “remember” you between visits. For example, we will recognize your user name and remember how you customized the Site, which may include adjusting text size, fonts, languages and other parts of web pages that are alterable and provide you with the same customizations for future visits.
We do not sell your information to advertisers or business lists.
Google Analytics and Other Apps
This information is used to administer and update the Site. We will also assess whether the visitors to the site match the expected site demographics and determine how key audiences are navigating the content.
First-party Cookies (such as the Google Analytics Cookie) and 3rd party Cookies will be used to report ad impressions, and interactions with these ad impressions or ad services related to visits to our Site.
Opt-Out Provision: Google analytics offers an opt-out provision for Site visitors who do not want their data to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Social Media and Other 3rd Party Plugins
Our Site may use Social Media Plugins to enable you to easily share information with others. Example Apps include YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Mailchimp and others. When you visit our Sites, social media plugins can place a Cookie on your computer that lets it recognize individuals on their Site who have previously visited our sites. If you have previously logged into the social media Site while browsing on our Site, social media plugins may allow that social media Site to receive directly identifiable information about you that shows you have visited our Site. The social media plugin may collect this information for visitors who have logged into social networks, whether they specifically interact with the plugin on our Site or not. Social media plugins also allow the social media Site to share information about your activities on our Site with other users of their social media Site. ABL does not control any of the content from social media plugins. For more information about social plugins from social media Sites, you should refer to those Sites’ privacy and data sharing statements.
If you do not want Cookies on your device, you can adjust the setting of your Internet browser to reject the setting of all or some Cookies and to alert you when a Cookie is placed on your device.
Please note that if you use your browser settings to block all Cookies (including strictly necessary Cookies) you may not be able to access or use all or parts or functionalities of our Sites.
If you want to remove previously-stored Cookies, you can manually delete the Cookies at any time. However, this will not prevent the Sites from placing new Cookies on your device unless and until you adjust your Internet browser setting as described above.
For further information about how to do so, please refer to your browser ‘help’ / ‘tool’ or ‘edit’ section. You can also review options outlined in the following links:
How We Secure Your Information
We provide reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Personal Information collected via this Site. For example, we limit access to this information to authorized employees, service providers, and contractors who need access to perform activities described in this notice. Although we strive to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this ABL Notice, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us by email at [email protected].
You also may write to:
Abel Bean Law
Privacy and Cookie Notice
50 North Laura Street – Suite 2500
Jacksonville, FL 32202